VISA APPLICATION GUIDELINES Donwload Visa form
Applications for visas can be made by post or in person. Applications will be processed in order of their receipt by the Consulate Section. Applications that are incomplete or lacking necessary documentations will not be processed.
CHECKLIST OF REQUIREMENTS
ALL APPLICANTS, WHETHER APPLYING BY POST OR IN PERSON, MUST SUBMIT THE FOLLOWING ITEMS AS PART OF THEIR APPLICATION PACKAGE:
- Applicants must request for an appointment.
- Visa Application Form – fully completed in typewritten and duly signed. Visa application form can be downloaded here.
- The applicant’s passports must have at least six months validity and must have blank pages.
- Applicants traveling for employment or business purposes must provide documentation from their present or prospective employer, or other organization concerned verifying purpose of visit and an authorization reference number from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Afghanistan.
- Evidence of Employment in Germany.
- Two standard passport size photos, affixed to the appropriate box on the application form (photos must be identical, recent, color on white background, taken directly off the face and show both ears). See Full Photo Requirements on The Right Box
- A copy of the applicant’s Germany Residence Permit/Identity Card and documents verifying your current address in Germany, such as utility bills, municipal papers, etc.
- Visa processing fee (refer to visa fees table and payment method below)
- Applicants wishing to receive their passports by post must provide a registered, self-addressed return envelope.
- For Tourist Visas additional documents are required (Invitation letter from a sponsor/Tour company, confirmed flight and accommodation bookings, travel insurance, bank statement with sufficient funds covering the travel and stay in Afghanistan)
- If visiting family or friends, please write a letter of introduction stating whom you intend to visit in Afghanistan or a reliable official or duly registered entity in Afghanistan; or a letter from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Kabul to authorize the visit.
ALL FOREIGN NATIONALS CAN OBTAIN AN AFGHAN VISA, EXCEPT IN THE FOLLOWING CASES:
- When the individuals has not completed the previous ban period.
- When the individual is suspected to disrupt security and civil order, is suspected of moral corruption, or lacks respect for the prevalent culture in Afghanistan.
- In exceptional cases when the authorities of the consular and diplomatic missions of Afghanistan, based on sound reasons, deem unfavorable to issue a visa to a certain individual.
- When there is a risk of spread of a contagious disease.
- When the competent authorities have decided to deny the visa.
VISA PROCESSING FEE
|VISA TYPE||VISA DURATION||VISA FEE|
|Entry Visa||30 Days (One Month)||120.EURO|
|Entry Visa Work||30 Days (One Month)||100.EURO|
|Visiting Single Entry Visa||30 Days (One Month)||80.EURO|
|Single Entry Business||30 Days (One Month)||50.EURO|
|Multiple Business Entry Visa||90 Days (Three Months)||100.EURO|
|Multiple Business Entry Visa||180 Days (Six Months)||120.EURO|
|Multiple Business Entry Visa||365 Days (1 Year)||380.EURO|
|Single Entry Tourist Visa||30 Days (One Month)||100.EURO|
|Official Visa||As Per Request||Gratis|
|Diplomatic Visa||As Per Request||Gratis|
|Express Visa (within 24 Hours*)||30 Days (One Month)||Surcharge payment of 60.EURO|
- All NATO contractors will be required to pay an additional €300 EURO, one-time fee for a one year multiple-entry visa.
- Media personnel/journalists are required to provide an introduction letter stating the purpose, duration and places intended to visit in Afghanistan. (Media journalists must contact Press Office of the Directorate of Media Relations, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, located at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Char-rah e Malik Asghar, Shah Mahmood Ghazi Street, Kabul Afghanistan.)
To download registration form or obtain more information about the Directorate of Media Relations in Afghanistan, follow this link: http://go.mfa.af/media-relations
- For official visits, please contact your employer to send a letter of introduction with the details of the purpose of your visit to Afghanistan to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Afghanistan in Kabul, who will then send the Consulate General an authorization for issuance of the visa.
- If visiting family or friends please write a letter of introduction stating whom you intend to visit in Afghanistan.
- If tourism is the purpose of your visit please state in detail the nature of your tour and places you intend to travel in Afghanistan.
- If employment is the purpose of your visit, an official letter of introduction from your employer, sponsoring organization stating the purpose and duration of your trip is required.
- Applicants applying for a work visa should be below the age of retirement (65) and must provide their educational documents along with the visa application, invitation or introduction letter from the employer in Afghanistan.
- Visa process may include a face to face interview.